Friday, February 24, 2012

Craft Ideas, Part 2: Super Hero Muscle Shirt


Here's a picture of my extremely muscular son Knox. (He takes after his father in this way.) Actually he's wearing a shirt a made him a couple of years ago.


I took two Old Navy long-sleeved shirts--a size 5 and a size 6. I put the smaller size inside the larger one and strategically placed cottom batting in between the shirts.


Then I hand-stitched contour lines for his abs, pecs, biceps and any other muscular formations I figured a little Super Hero needs. I stitched the cuffs and bottom together so it would be eaiser to put on.

When I made the same shirts for two of my nephews, I added a band of fabric at the bottom to look like a belt. Then I made a "belt buckle" out of a round iron-on patch with an iron-on letter on top. (B for SUPER BRODY!) It's totally washable and fun for any kid. (I may have to make a version for myself when I need a little more va-va-voom in the chest department!)

No comments:

Post a Comment