Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Craft Ideas, Part 3: Bed Curtains

Ella asked for curtains in her bedroom. A reasonable request except for the fact that her room is in the basement where there are no windows. Here's what I came up with instead:


I used two duvet covers (along with the accompanying pillow shams) I found on clearance at Target. I cut one of the duvet covers long-ways to make the sides of the curtain. I kept the other one intact to make the top and back.


The shorter sides and front (kind of like a valance) were made from the dismembered shams.



I made a frame from 1x4 boards and mounted it with L brackets. I also used the tiled ceiling gridwork (sometimes a basement ceiling can be a beautiful thing) to add extra hanging.


2 comments:

  1. Abby, This is just so simply beautiful! I love the pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Every little girl wants a princess bed!

    ReplyDelete